Community Opioid Intervention Pilot Project (COIPP) Funding Information
COIPP Funding Information
Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Information
For Tribes, Tribal organizations, and UIOs:
The Community Opioid Intervention Pilot Project (COIPP) grants for Tribes, Tribal organizations, and UIOs was announced via the Federal Register on October 16, 2020. Tribes, Tribal organizations, and UIOs, will apply for the new COIPP funding via the grant application process on Grants.gov. If you are a Tribe, Tribal organization, or UIO, you must apply through this funding announcement via Grants.gov.
Funding Announcement Number: HHS-2021-IHS-COIPP-0001
To be eligible for this New FY 2021 funding opportunity applicants must be one of the following:
- A Federally-recognized Indian Tribe
- A Tribal organization
- An Urban Indian organization
Funding Instrument: Grant
Estimated Funds Available: approximately $16,500,000. This includes approximately $8,250,000 in FY 2019 funds, and $8,250,000 in FY 2020 funds.
Anticipated Award Amount: Individual award amounts for the first budget year are anticipated to be $500,000.
Anticipated Number of Awards: Approximately 33 awards will be issued under this program announcement. Grant awards will be distributed as follows in the approximate numbers:
- 2 grants in each IHS Area (24 awards total).
- 6 set-aside grants for Urban Indian Organizations.
- 3 set-aside grants with Maternal & Child Health as the population of focus. One grant will be funded in each of the three highest priority IHS Areas (Alaska, Bemidji, and Billings).
Period of Performance: 3 years
The amount of funding available for competing and continuation awards issued under this announcement is subject to the availability of appropriations and budgetary priorities of the Agency.
The deadline for applications to be submitted: December 15, 2020
Technical Assistance Webinars
Two (2) technical assistance (TA) webinars will be held on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 and November 19, 2020 at 3 – 4:30pm Eastern Time, where guidance will be provided to interested applicants. The webinars will provide information on how to apply, including a brief overview of the new funding cycle; application and submission process requirements; proposal requirements; and a review of proposal templates and examples. Each TA webinar will be recorded and you may listen to the recorded webinar at your convenience after the live session.
COIPP New Applicant Webinars
Application Templates and Examples
Once potential applicants have read through the NOFO and reviewed all the instructions and guidance, applicants are encouraged to use the following template documents during the application process. Additional information on applying will be provided through webinars. For additional information on the webinars, please review the Technical Assistance Webinars section below.
Guidelines and Template
- COIPP Proposal Guidelines and Template [DOC - 45 KB]
- Attachment 1 COIPP Timeline Chart TEMPLATE [DOC - 26 KB]
- Attachment 2 Biographical Sketch TEMPLATE [DOC - 22 KB]
- Attachment 3 COIPP Logic Model TEMPLATE [DOC - 14 KB]
- Attachment 4 Budget and Budget Justification TEMPLATE [DOC - 35 KB]
- Example One-year Timeline Chart [PDF - 100 KB]
- Example Biographical Sketch [PDF - 18 KB]
- Example Logic Model [PDF - 410 KB]
For more information regarding the Fiscal Year 2021 IHS COIPP grant announcement, please contact the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Lead, JB Kinlacheeny. Questions on grants management and fiscal matters may be directed to Patience Musikikongo.