Funding Opportunity: FY 2023 Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS)
FY 2023 Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
Grants.gov Deadline: March 21, 2023
Application JustGrants Deadline: March 28, 2023
Download Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation Fiscal Year 2023 Competitive Grant Announcement
The FY 2023 Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS) provides federally recognized tribes and tribal consortia an opportunity to apply for funding to aid in developing a comprehensive and coordinated approach to public safety and victimization. The majority of the DOJ’s existing tribal government-specific programs are included in and available through this single Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation.
CTAS is not a program but a single solicitation to allow tribes to apply to seven separate grant programs from four grant-making offices. Each tribe or tribal consortium may submit only one CTAS application. This application can include proposals for project funding under one or more purpose areas (PAs). As such, multiple awards may be made in response to a single application.
Following are the seven PAs and their components:
- Purpose Area 1: Public Safety and Community Policing (COPS Office)
- Purpose Area 2: Comprehensive Tribal Justice Systems Strategic Planning (BJA, COPS Office, OJJDP, OVC)
- Purpose Area 3: Tribal Justice Systems Program (BJA)
- Purpose Area 4: Tribal Justice System Infrastructure Program (BJA)
- Purpose Area 6: Children’s Justice Act Partnerships for Indian Communities (OVC)
- Purpose Area 8: Juvenile Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts (OJJDP)
- Purpose Area 9: Tribal Youth Program (OJJDP)
Note: In FY 2023, Purpose Areas 5 and 7 are not included in CTAS.
CTAS resources: https://www.justice.gov/tribal/grants
- Federally recognized Indian Tribe (See 25 U.S.C. § 5304(e) which, for purposes of this solicitation, provides the applicable definition of “Indian tribe.”)
- Tribal consortium
- Organization that is acting as the authorized designee of a federally recognized tribe (Purpose Area 6 only)
In addition, some purpose areas note additional specific eligibility criteria in the solicitation.