Accepting Proposals: 10th Annual Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts Enhancement Training
September 28-October 2, 2020
Calling all 10th Annual Tribal Healing to Wellness Court practitioners, training and technical assistance providers, researchers, scholars, and experts in the field. You are invited to submit a workshop proposal to present at the 10th Annual Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training (Enhancement Training). Share your expertise, experience, and/or research with the key movers and shakers of the Wellness Court field.
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute (TLPI) is soliciting for workshop proposals that present the best practices in tribal justice, collaboration, and service delivery that enhance the capacity for adult, juvenile, family, veterans, and/or DUI/DWI Healing to Wellness Courts. TLPI will accept sessions that cover a wide range of topics. TLPI encourage proposals that detail innovative practices; specific how-to guidance; the integration of custom and tradition into the Wellness Court; screenings, assessment tools, and evidence-based practices that serve Native populations; planning guidance; and law enforcement/probation. Please visit our Prior Enhancement Training Materials for a sampling of prior Enhancement Training topics and materials.
Selection Criteria: Workshop proposals will be selected based on their relevance to the field; engaging format; subject-matter expertise and training experience of the presenters; and supplemental materials.
- Workshops will be 1.25 hours (75 minutes).
- Workshops will be either Plenary or 1 of 4 Breakouts.
- Workshops can have 1-3 presenters.
- All materials will be posted on www.EnhancementTraining.org and www.WellnessCourts.org for attendees to access during, and subsequent to, the training.
- Presenters will be expected to pay for their own travel expenses.
- When drafting your workshop proposal description, consider that this language could be used as the workshop description in conference materials.
Workshop Proposals Are Due: Friday, May 1, 2020
Workshop Proposals: Please submit your workshop proposal below. Workshop proposals should include:
- Each Presenter's Name
- Presenter(s)' Title
- Presenter(s)' Organization
- Presenter(s)' Email
- Presenter(s)' Biography (no more than 250 words)
- Workshop Title
- Workshop Description (no more than 250 words)
- Workshop Category
TLPI is generally unable to provide time or travel compensation. However, if attendance is otherwise impossible, TLPI will explore travel assistance where feasible.
The 10th Annual Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training is a free training, and all presentation materials will be provided to attendees.
We look forward to sharing your expertise with Indian country.